Re: reification test case

On 2002-02-05 12:46, "ext Bill de hÓra" <dehora@eircom.net> wrote:

>> From: Patrick Stickler [mailto:patrick.stickler@nokia.com]
>>
>>> ... How is the bnode in a  reification 'linked to' the
>>> triple that is being described? Does that question even make sense?
>>>
>>> Pat
>>
>> My take is that the reification is "linked to" a specific
>> triple based on the S, P, and O values.
>
> I used to think the same thing. But I don't know if there is any such
> link going from reification to triple. Well...maybe there is. If a
> triple can have only 1 reification, then is it reasonable to infer the 1
> triple on encountering that 1 reification?
>
> Bill de hÓra

For some reason I get the impression that alot of folks
are thinking "line in some ntriples file" when they
think of triple rather than simply the combination
of three elements, S, P, and O.

A triple is an abstract entity. It has no explicit
representation in the graph. It is only inferred from
the presence of an arc from one node to another node
or literal.

Eh?