Re: reification test case

On 2002-02-03 19:46, "ext Brian McBride" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com> wrote:

> We have to decide on Dan Brickley's equality test.  Does
>
> _:s1 <rdf:type>      <rdf:Statement> .
> _:s1 <rdf:subject>   <subject> .
> _:s1 <rdf:predicate> <predicate> .
> _:s1 <rdf:object>    <object> .
>
> _:s2 <rdf:type>      <rdf:Statement> .
> _:s2 <rdf:subject>   <subject> .
> _:s2 <rdf:predicate> <predicate> .
> _:s2 <rdf:object>    <object> .
>
> _:s1 <property>      "property" .
>
> entail:
>
> _:s2 <property>      "property" .
>
> Brian

No.

To explain this with a practical case in point,
consider that <property> is in fact <authority>
or <source>. Properties ascribed to the statement
bNode are regarding a particular instance of
the reified statement. There may be more than one
source and/or authority for what is essentially
the same expression of knowledge. The bNode of
the reification gives us the placeholder by which
to associate such qualifications.

The fact that two or more reified statements share
an intersection of S, P, and O values does not
mean that the two statement bNodes should be merged
or that they share properties.

At least that's my take on it.

Cheers,