RE: In the interest of consensus and progress on datatyping...

Agreed.

> I agree with your point that we will need to decide tidy
> versus untidy, but
> remain of the opinion that this will be less controversial without any
> global datatyping.

Well, I still don't see how you can separate the two, since
insofar as interpretation of inline literals is concerned, to
decide on tidy versus untidy *is* to decide on global implicit
datatyping, since a tidy MT precludes it entirely
and an untidy MT automatically supports it with no change to
the existing semantics of rdfs:range.

There is another decision that can be made, namely whether or
not to say anything at all about tidy versus untidy -- i.e leave
the MT completely agnostic about it.

This means that given the entailment

IF

   Jenny age "10" .
   Fred payday "10" .
   Movie title "10" .

THEN

   Jenny age _:x .
   Fred payday _:x .
   Movie title _:x .

one simply could not determine, based on the official RDF MT, whether
the entailment holds or not. If the MT does not assign any meaning
to the inline literal nodes, then one cannot determine equality, even
if the literals are string-equal.

Applications would be free to choose between tidy or untidy semantics
for untyped literals as they need or like (just as they do now).

Anyway...