Re: RDF Issue rdfms-uri-substructure

At 05:10 PM 4/22/02 -0500, Pat Hayes wrote:
>>At 03:29 PM 4/22/02 +0100, Jan Grant wrote:
>>>  > and we advise implementors of RDF serializers:

>>I'm reminded that this doesn't guarantee a well-formed local name [1]; e.g.
>>
>>   http://example.org/path/1abc
>>
>>The local name is not allowed to start with a digit, even though it's a
>>valid XML name character.
>
>Is this an XML bug or a local-name bug? (Ie which is likely to get changed
>first?)

I think the two aren't really separable, though I suppose XML-names would
be the easier place to fix it.  I'm not sure if the XML community accept
it's a bug.

>>  In my code, I break this *after* the "1"; i.e.
>>
>>   ns='http://example.org/path/1'  localname='abc'
>
>Yuk, that seems worse than throwing an exception. Is there even a slight
>likelihood that is what was intended?

Not pretty, I agree, but in the context of RDF it doesn't change the
implied URIref so I don't see any harm.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>