Re: best way to write triples?

I usually avoid being the N-Triples police for the sake of not
interrupting the flow of the conversation.  However since invited,
to answer :)

>>>Pat Hayes said:
> Help.
>
> I notice that Patrick is using a 'mathematical' convention to
> indicate triples in his datatyping draft, like this:
>
> <ex:Jenny, ex:age, "10" >

Yes.  This isn't N-Triples.

> Last time I looked, Ntriples syntax would have that as
>
> <ex:Jenny> <ex:age> "10" .

Actually this is N-Triples but the ex: things are not namespace
prefixes but URI schemes.  The N-Triples is generally more verbose:

  <http://example.org/Jenny> <http://example.org/age> "10" .

> Jos writes them using an N3 variant:
>
> ex:jenny ex:age "10" .

That is legal N3, with the namespace prefix ex: defined as http://example.org/
earlier.

> Maybe we should agree on a common publication format? If so, which is
> it? Guidance, anyone??
>
> I ask now because I would like to get it right in what might be the
> final version of the MT document.

The MT must use legal N-Triples (not N3) since those are what the
Syntax document generates from the XML.  So, tedious and verbose as
it is,

  <http://example.org/Jenny> <http://example.org/age> "10" .

is the one to use.

I guess I should put an N-Triples validator online

Cheers

Dave