Re: SVG tools: [was Re: rdfs-constraining-containers, rdfs-container-membership-superProperty]

On 2002-04-11 21:48, "ext Brian McBride" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com> wrote:

> At 13:35 11/04/2002 -0400, Dan Brickley wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Last time around it was all done in MS Word98, but I don't currently have
>> a windows box handy...
>
> OpenOffice's Draw can export SVG. I've been playing a little, but haven't
> got it working yet.

Not that this is necessarily an optimal method, but since you mentioned
OS-X...

I'm creating the illustrations for the Datatyping WD with PowerPoint
(MS Office for OS-X), one illustration per slide, saving the slides
as JPEG, and using GraphicConverter to crop the images.

I started to use GraphViz, but the graphs were too wide for my tastes
and often not exactly as I would like them, so I took the brute force,
maximal control approach and I'm quite happy with the results.

Obviously, it's more work than just autogenerating the graphs from
the RDF, and also more work to verify that the graph actually is
correct per the RDF, but given the nature & import of the document...

Just FYI...

Cheers,