Re: RDF Datatyping Working Draft

On 2002-04-03 22:31, "ext Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com> wrote:

> The picture in section 6.1.2 looks like RDF Model Theory without any
> datatyping.

That's what it's supposed to illustrate. That should become clear when
I add the verbage that is supposed to go with those illustrations ;-)

> The picture in section 6.1.3 seems to have gone further than is licensed by
> section 5.
> In section 5, as I understand it, John and Judy get age 25 (the integer -
> assuming knowledge of the actual l2v mapping) whereas Jane has age "25" the
> string.

No, condition 3 of the Datatyping MT in section 5 states that "25" is in
the lexical space of xsd:integer -- and therefore "25" in the context
of the datatype mapping for xsd:integer denotes the value 25. Therefore,
in the datatyping interpretation, John, Jane, and Judy all have the age 25.