Re: RDFCore WG Telecon 2001-09-21 Minutes

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 04:08:37PM -0500, Aaron Swartz wrote:
> On Monday, September 24, 2001, at 04:04  PM, Art Barstow wrote:
>
> >> ACTION 2001-09-21#8: Art Barstow / Update
> >> http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/amp-in-
> >> url/test001.rdf to include an explanation of the test case
> >> (especially for those whose browsers convert & to & for
> >> them).
> >
> > Done:
>
> You write that the ampersand is replaced by its numerical value,
> but it is not -- it is replaced with the string '&'.

That wasn't my intent.  I added the following text to the
test case:

[[
 how XML's Predefined Entities - in this case the ampersand -
 is escaped when it is used in the value of an rdf:about
 attribute. Note that the ampersand is represented by its
 numeric value as specified in:

 http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-predefined-ent

 In the associated N-Triples file the numeric value of the
 ampersand will be replaced with single ampersand character.
 Note: when a XML/HTML browser is used to display this file, the
 ampersand may be displayed and not its numeric value.
]]

> Please
> correct this. As it stands now it is even more confusing than
> before. :-(

Anyhow, specific word changes would be helpful.