Re: Agenda for RDFCore WG Telecon 2001-09-21

At 01:44 PM 9/20/2001 -0500, Pat Hayes wrote:
>>8: Model Theory WD
>>Propose: Authorize publication of the Model theory WD at:
>>
>>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2001Sep/att-0051/01-html_filename_x.html
>>
>>This version is a snapshot taken at some time 10:16 uk time  on Sept 18th
>>and copied to the archive.  At the time of preparing the minutes the
>>'current version'
>>
>>   http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes/RDF%20MT-currentdraft.html
>>
>>was not available.
>
>I'd propose instead the more recently corrected (in response to feedback
>from WG) version now found at
>
>http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes/RDF%20MT-currentdraft.html

Pat (et.al.),

I was wondering if it might make sense to include a sentence or three in
the abstract to help explain Model Theory and the benefits of expressing
RDF in terms of this formalization?

Something along the lines of

[[
Model Theory is the part of mathematics which shows how to apply logic to
the study of structures in pure mathematics.
]] - http://www.math.toronto.edu/~weiss/

and then append the following section (currently located in the Status of
this Document)

[[
This document was written with the intention of providing a precise
semantic theory for RDF and RDFS, and to sharpen the notions of consequence
and inference in RDF. It reflects the current understanding of the RDF Core
working group at the time of writing. In some particulars this differs from
the account given in Resource Description Framework (RDF) Model and Syntax
Specification, and these exceptions are noted.
]] -- http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes/RDF%20MT-currentdraft.html

to the abstract.

Does this make sense?

semantic web activity lead               mailto:em@w3.org
w3c world wide web consortium            tel:1.614.763.1100
200 technology square, ne43-350          fax:1.208.330.5213
cambridge, ma 02139 usa