Re: absolute-URIs-with-optional-fragmenmt-identifiers

On Thursday, September 20, 2001, at 09:44  AM, Graham Klyne wrote:

>> :We :between ( [a :Rock] [ a :Place ; :feel :Hard ] ) .
>> "We're between a rock and a hard place."
>
> ... much as we might wish to fix this problem, I think that
> it's beyond our charter to do so, for reasons of backwards
> compatibility.

I disagree with that statement -- our charter is to fix problems
with the spec! Obviously we must attempt to do it in a backwards
compatible way, but this is no excuse to ignore the issue. There
are a number of solutions to this issue, and only one of them is
making documents with WebRefs/URI-views illegal.

--
       "Aaron Swartz"      |           Blogspace
  <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>  |  <http://blogspace.com/about/>