Re: About Refactoring RDF/XML Syntax Rivision 1.43

Graham wrote:
> Ironically, I've just sent a report to the W3C online validator because it
> doesn't work as required in the absence of <rdf:RDF>.

This is an example of a defect in the current spec. (Since the bug you
indicate is really in my bit of that code I choose to pass the buck! :-) ).

A general purpose RDF application, such as the online validator, cannot know
from application context whether it is being asked to process a standalone
rdf document or embedded rdf. In the latter case it cannot know where the
boundaries of embedded RDF are.

Para 54 that you reference commits us to RDF infrastructure that is not
general purpose but each application having its own version of RDF
processing. Not a good idea in my view.

Jeremy