Re: 2001-09-07#5 Literals

At 12:48 PM 10/19/01 +0100, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>If we feel it is important to be able to specify that some literals *do not*
>have a lang tag then we could use xml:lang="und"   (und is the ISO-639-2 tag
>for undetermined).

My recollection of the language tag specification (RFC3066) is that when a
language tag is omitted, that value "i-default" should be assumed.  This is
an undefined language, but in the context of human-readable text is
expected to be decipherable to one who understands international English.

<Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>