Re: RDF graph model limited by RDF/xml 1.0 syntax?

At 09:17 AM 10/10/01 -0400, Art Barstow wrote:
>On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 08:00:32AM -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
> > Having thought it over, I think the syntax for the model
> > theory should be, more or less, n-triples:
> >
> > An RDF graph is a set of triples <S, P, O>; each
> > of S, P, O is a term; a term is either an absolute
> > URI reference, a bNode, or a literal.
>
>+1!

Having seen some of the confusion that has arisen, I'm sort-of inclined to
agree...

>   This is so simple and elegant that it makes me want to cry
>with joy!

... but I think we should not forget that the graph approach was introduced
to avoid the bNode scoping issue.  If bNodes are used, then their scope
needs to be clearly stated, and I think that some (probably awkward) text
will be needed to explain what happens when two separate documents that
happen to use the same bNode names are combined and/or asserted simultaneously.

<Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>