Re: rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about (was: Issues list update/status?)

The http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about

issue says:

[[
  what is the difference between writing <Description ID="bar"> and
  <Description about="#bar"> ? Why is ID needed?
]]

I recall the WG deciding that the subjects of the triples generated
from these two Descriptions should be identical.  However, it appears
to me that neither test1.rdf or test2.rdf in [1] reflects that decision:

 [1] http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about/

It seems like test1.rdf should be something like:

 <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
  <rdf:Description rdf:ID="foo">
   <rdf:value>abc</rdf:value>
  </rdf:Description>
  <rdf:Description rdf:about="#foo">
   <rdf:value>abc</rdf:value>
  </rdf:Description>
 </rdf:RDF>

and test1.nt should be:

 <http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about/test1.rdf#foo> <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#value> "abc" .
 <http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about/test1.rdf#foo> <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#value> "abc" .

I agree with DanC that the wording of the Resolution in [1] which is:

[[
 Usage of an rdf:ID attribute to identify the subject of a description,
 is equivalent to usage of an rdf:about attribute with the the '#'
 character followed by the URI-encoded form of the content rdf:ID attribute.
]]

could use a little work - perhaps citing the example from test2.rdf
would help clarify the last part of the sentence.

I also don't see how and error1.rdf directly relates to this specific
issue.

Art
---