Re: #rdfms-identity-anon-resources: provenance

On Thursday, July 26, 2001, at 03:44  PM, pat hayes wrote:

> Eg if anonNodes really are exisententially quantified, then
> there is no way to refer to them outside the document in which
> they occur. You can send me the document, but neither you nor I
> can refer to that thing that exists: eg I can't ask you
> anything about it. If it has a name, I can.

Yes, this is one of the reasons I'd like anonymous nodes to have
agreed-upon URIs. Apparently, in RDF we can say anything about
anything... unless it's an anonymous node. ;-)

--
       "Aaron Swartz"      | ...schoolyard subversion...
  <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>  |  <http://aaronsw.com/school/>