Re: Question for implementors: XPath model and CDATA sections

Hi all,

--On Dienstag, 12. Februar 2002 11:52 -0500 Philippe Le Hegaret
<plh@w3.org> wrote:

> and Xalan is right on that. They are following the DOM Level 3 Xpath
> working draft:
> [[
> The XPath model relies on the XML Information Set [XML Information set]
> ands represents Character Information Items in a single logical text
> node where DOM may have multiple fragmented Text nodes due to cdata
> sections, entity references, etc. Instead of returning multiple nodes
> where XPath sees a single logical text node, only the first non-empty
> DOM Text or CDATASection node of any logical XPath text will be returned
> in the node set.
> ]]
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-DOM-Level-3-XPath-20020208/xpath.html#TextNo
> des
>
> You'll need to use the wholeText property, introduced in DOM Level 3
> Core to retrieve the text. Or, in the meantime, look for the text
> yourself.

OK, understood. But one further question: Is it possible to create some
obfuscated XPath Transform which selects only one Text Node in a series of
multiple text Nodes (TEXT/CDATA alternations)? I mean, can something like
this lead to signatures which do verify different on different
implementations?

Christian