RE: Whitespace

--On Freitag, 11. Januar 2002 17:30 -0800 Brian LaMacchia
<bal@microsoft.com> wrote:

> 3) If we were going to put the attribute anywhere, then I believe
> Joseph's comment is correct that it would be more appropriate for the
> attribute to go on ext:Foo.  (Notice that since dsig:Object does not
> itself have any significant semantic beyond a mere container, it is the
> case that in fact doing it this way (on ext:foo) is fully equivalently
> expressive.)

I agree with Brian about that this is a good solution if the schema is
_not_ tweaked.

I am no schema crack, but if the dsig schema cannot be overwritten in a way
that an application re-defined a ds:Object to contain only Elements (so
that xml:space would be important for direct ds:Object/text() children,
then the application developer can put the xml:space='preserve' into every
element child of the ds:Object:

<ds:Object>
<custom:Elem1 xml:space="preserve"> ... </custom:Elem1>

     <custom:Elem2 xml:space="preserve"> ... </custom:Elem2>
</ds:Object>