PrefixList: whitespace or commas (Was: Notes on xml-exc-c14n rev 1.21)

Ok, I recall that Merlin did object to the level of specificity (comma
seperated) but even then noted the need for a "token" to represent the
default namespace nodes. I don't think "" is sufficient with a whitespace
delimited list because then its awkward to specify, for example, n1 and ""
: "n1   " . I'm not sure where we lost the default namespace (anyone else
recall?) but we need to account for it again. Do we coin a token, go back
to John's commas, or something else? (Merlin?)

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-ietf-xmldsig/2001JulSep/0036.html