ARe: initial Exclusive Canonicalization draft

Eric van der Vlist wrote:

> "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" wrote:
> >
> > An initial draft of an Exclusive Canonicalization recommendation is
> > now available at
> > <http://www.w3.org/Signature/Drafts/xml-exc-c14n>.
>
> I find the idea of UnsuppressedNamespacePrefixList [1] very interesting
> and I wonder if a "DoNotRewriteNamespacePrefixList" that would specify
> which namespaces prefixes cannot be rewritten (or a
> "MayBeRewrittenNamespacePrefixList" that would specify which of them can
> be rewritten) couldn't solve the issue of prefix rewriting in a very
> consensual way.

After thinking (more) about it, I wonder if
UnsuppressedNamespacePrefixList shouldn't rather be
UnsuppressedNamespaceURIList since the namespaces are identified by
their URIs.

The case of XSLT and its "exclude-result-prefixes" attribute is similar
but also different since this attribute and the namespace declarations
are in a single document.

For a signature, I would expect that the description of the signature
and the fragment to be signed will be in different documents and then
the description of the signature shouldn't try to guess which prefixes
will be used in the instance document but rather rely on the URI.

Eric