From: Joseph M. Reagle Jr. [mailto:reagle@w3.org]
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2000 1:15 PM
To: muraw3c@attglobal.net
Cc: w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org; Karl Scheibelhofer
Subject: Re: Comments on "XML-Signature Syntax and Processing"

[snipped...]

>3) The DTD version does not allow customization of contents of PGPData.

You are right (schema *does* permit ANY in PGPData). However, X509Data and
SPKIData do not presume that you will add external elements to those element

types; instead should someone ever define an authoratitive structure, that
structure will be the child of KeyInfo, not our placeholder. So I will
remove the ANY from PGPData:

    <complexType name="PGPDataType">
        <sequence>
          <element name="PGPKeyID" type="string"/>
          <element name="PGPKeyPacket" type="ds:CryptoBinary"/>
        </sequence>
    </complexType>