Re: Xpath transform changes and questions

At 00/03/17 12:47 -0800, John Boyer wrote:

iii) If everything else checks out, we can get rid of exact order and just
>use lex order provided that lex ordering in UTF-16 results in the same order
>as lex ordering in UTF-8 (which is Christopher Maden's claim).

This is not true. Surrogate pairs are the counterexample.
And of course it is not true for any other character encoding,
except in a very limited sense for iso-8859-1 and us-ascii.

Regards,  Martin.