RE: XML Signature use of Canonical XML

1) I'd rather see C14N used as the serialization algorithm for XPath.

- this would solve the issues Kent has raised [1][2]
- also implementations become simpler, as you need to implement a single
serialization algorithm only (in addition to minimal)
- the idea would be to rewrite chapter 6.6.3.3 of [3] to use the C14N
specification for serialization of element nodes, attribute nodes etc.

I guess C14N was dropped for XPath sometime ago, but since that the
serialization algorithm of XPath has started to approach the C14N algorithm.

Petteri

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-ietf-xmldsig/2000AprJun/0033.html
[2]