Re: RFC2518bis (process)

Lisa Dusseault wrote:

> Sure, no problem.
>
>  - I last published RFC2518bis a couple months ago:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/idindex.cgi?command=id_detail&id=8360.
> I don't recall seeing any comments.

Actually I was waiting that the WG comes to agreement about how we do
the issue tracking. It's a bit pointless to review drafts if there's no
process how to deal with the comments.

How about re-starting work on those issues that are on the two issue
lists we have (<http://www.webdav.org/wg/rfcdev/issues.htm> and
<http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?product=WebDAV-RFC2518-bis>)
and using one of the two as the current issue tracker (as suggested by
Elias and myself)?

>  - I've been hunting around for interoperability documentation --
> because we did do two interop tests -- but we don't seem to have that
> available now (perhaps it was not intended to be public outside the
> interops anyway).  We never did get somebody to volunteer to collect
> interop data or format that for the IESG
> (http://www.ietf.org/IESG/Implementations/).
>
> What are other peoples' thoughts about how to do this now?

That's probably a major problem.

Without that kind of information, we won't be able to progress to the
next standards level, right?

As far as I am concerned, the importance of a revised version of RFC2518
is much higher than actually moving to Draft Standard, thus if we these
two goals conflict (time, interop experience with changes introduced
since RFC2518) we should IMHO sacrifice the latter one.

Best regards, Julian