Re: RFC2518bis, was: BIND and live property value consistency

Lisa Dusseault wrote:

> On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 00:20:24 -0700, Julian Reschke
> <julian.reschke@gmx.de>  wrote:
>

>> Let's rephrase that: you say that you think you have the editor role
>> for  RFC2518bis. In case you'd be starting to work on it again, where
>> would  you look for the next to-do item?
>>

> I am starting work on it again, and I'm reviewing the latest draft to
> see  which features still remain that haven't had demonstrated
> implementation  and interoperability.  I figured I'd catch up with the
> main to-do list  once it had been updated or regenerated.

If I understand you right, you will not update (and keep up-to-date) at
least one of the two issues lists we have?

Some more thoughts about how I think we need to proceed with RFC2518bis:

- Any change compared to RFC2518 (unless really strictly editorial)
needs to have a well-understood issue description; and a WG consensus
for changing it.

- Consequently, changes in the latest draft that can't be traced to one
of these will need to be backed out.

- RFC2518bis needs to have a complete appendix listing all non-editorial
changes compared to RFC2518.

- If we think that RFC2518 contains stuff for which there is no
demonstrated interoperability, we should add that to the issues list as
action item.

Finally,

- we go through the issues list until all issues are closed (where
"closed" can also mean that the WG just states that it was unable to
come up with a resolution)

Best regards, Julian