Re: Summary of "working group meeting"

Hi Julian,

I know you think that there are issues remaining on Quota as well as no
issues remaining on Bind.  I do not agree with you on Bind, and I am
not sure that there are open issues on Quota worth pursuing.  Brian has
done a slow but decent job of responding to the issues you've raised
and if he followed your approach, then he would simply declare the rest
of them closed.  Are you willing to compromise on any of the issues
you've raised on Quota in order to see it completed?  Can you get other
people to review Quota and either agree with your open issues or state
that there are no blocking issues?

I agree this working group needs good leadership but it also needs
volunteers -- more than just two or three volunteers to do the work of
writing and reviewing -- and we need some more compromises.  I
apologize again that we did not have an agenda for the WG meeting in
Minneapolis, but I will point out again that we got no suggestions for
the agenda until the week before the meeting.  Previous meetings which
were better organized still had attendance problems and a poor record
of accomplishing any progress. For example, in Washington we had the
same issues we have today, the same few people participating.  We could
have cancelled the Minneapolis meeting rather than create an agenda,
but as for myself, I wanted to give the WG one last chance for parties
to get together and communicate and compromise.

Lisa