Re: ETags?

Lisa Dusseault wrote:

> I wish it were so easy to write short, clear specifications that could
> be unambiguously understood and implemented.  I wish features could be
> orthogonal.

Features *can* be orthogonal. Sometimes they aren't (in which case a
spec needs to say something about it). The more orthogonal you make
them, the simpler the specs and the interdependencies.

> However, bindings together with existing WebDAV features, while mostly
> orthogonal, have a few interesting, confusing or important interactions.
>
> This isn't an unlimited set of work, folks.  All these issues have been
> raised before this last call period (except maybe one?) and it isn't an
> ever growing set.  We're talking about maybe half a page of new text to
> clarify important interactions to implementors, and then we're done and
> we'll have a really good spec.

At this point, unless you have a *specific* proposal for specification
text, I don't really find this comment really helpful...

Best regards, Julian