Re: question about MOVE and COPY overwriting folders

You should feel free to fail any operation that you feel is inappropriate
for your repository.  WRT the semantics of depth COPY, RFC-3253 modifies
the definition of COPY to indicate that it overwrites the existing
resource,
rather than deleting it first (for the reasons that you identify), so you
should feel free to implement COPY that way.  On the other hand, MOVE
with overwrite does delete the destination, so you should fail that
operation
if you don't like that behavior.