BIND issue 3.2_example, was: Comments on bind-08

Julian Reschke wrote:

>> * Section 3.2. I think it would be helpful to have an example of this
>> property. I'd be happy to help develop such an example.
>

> Issue opened:
> <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-latest.html#rfc.issue.3.2_example>.

OK, resolved (for now) by rewriting the sections as:

3.2  DAV:parent-set Property

    The DAV:parent-set property is an OPTIONAL property that enables
    clients to discover what collections contain a binding to this
    resource (i.e.  what collections have that resource as an internal
    member).  It contains an of href/segment pair for each collection
    that has a binding to the resource.  The href identifies the
    collection, and the segment identifies the binding name of that
    resource in that collection.

    A given collection MUST appear only once in the DAV:parent-set for
    any given binding, even if there are multiple URI mappings to that
    collection.

    <!ELEMENT parent-set (parent)*>
    <!ELEMENT parent (href, segment)>
    <!ELEMENT segment (#PCDATA)>
    <!-- PCDATA value: segment, as defined in section 3.3 of
         [draft-fielding-rfc2396bis] -->

3.2.1  Example for DAV:parent-set property

    For example, if collection C1 is mapped to both /CollX and /CollY,
    and C1 contains a binding named "x.gif" to a resource R1, then either
    [/CollX, x.gif] or [/CollY, x.gif] can appear in the DAV:parent-set
    of R1, but not both.  But if C1 also had a binding named "y.gif" to
    R1, then there would be two entries for C1 in the DAV:binding-set of
    R1 (i.e.  both [/CollX, x.gif] and [/CollX, y.gif] or, alternatively,
    both [/CollY, x.gif] and [/CollY, y.gif]).

    +-------------------------+
    | Root Collection         |
    |  bindings:              |
    |  CollX          CollY   |
    +-------------------------+
        |            /
        |           /
        |          /
    +-----------------+
    | Collection C1   |
    | bindings:       |
    | x.gif    y.gif  |
    +-----------------+
         |      |
         |      |
         |      |
     +--------------+
     | Resource  R1 |
     +--------------+

    In this case, one possible value for DAV:parent-set property on
    "/CollX/x.gif" would be:

      <parent-set xmlns="DAV:">
        <parent>
          <href>/CollX</href>