RE: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-dusseault-dav-quota-01.txt

If a subcollection can belong to a separate quota space (aka Unix device),
can't this also be the case for internal members?

I think that the distinction between collections and non-collections is
essentially meaningless -- the properties defined here apply to the quota
space, not to a particular resource. Therefore they should be defined on all
resources that are quota-controlled.

> (Comment: I'm not sure if we need identifier for quota spaces, so that
>   clients could compare if two collections are in the same quota.)

May be useful.

> A collection belonging to a quota space has the following two live
> properties:
>
> DAV:quota-free
>    The DAV:quota-free property reports the amount of storage in octets
>    available to the current user in the quota space the reporting
collection
>    belongs to.

...the reporting resource...

>    The value of this property will usually be protected, although a user
with
>     sufficient privileges may be permitted to change the value. The
>     property is useful even if it is protected. A 403 Forbidden response
>     is recommended for attempts to write a protected property.

Remove last two sentences.

>     A value of 0 indicates that storage is limited to 0.  Users will
>     probably not be able to add resources to the collection.

>     If a collection has no quota enforced, it should not return this
>     property at all.  A client cannot entirely assume that there is no
>     quota enforced on a collection that does not have this property, but
>     might as well act as if there is no quota.

Replace "should not return" by something like "MUST NOT be defined on the
resource".

>     This property is OPTIONAL on collections and SHOULD NOT exist on
>     non-collection resources.  When a new collection is created, it is
>     up to the server to initialize the value appropriately if it chooses
>     to.

Completely remove this paragraph.

> And
>
> DAV:quota-used
>    The DAV:quota-used property reports the amount of storage in octets
>    used by the current user in the quota space the reporting collection
>    belongs to.

... the reporting resource...