Re: Digest authentication

On Wednesday, September 18, 2002, at 03:46 AM, Dirk-Willem van Gulik
wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Jim Luther wrote:
>
>> I should have brought this issue up during the Interop event in Santa
>> Cruz, because many of the servers I tested against there did not
>> support Digest authentication. Since Digest support is a MUST in
>> RFC2518, it would be nice if our client could depend on it and not
>> have
>> to bother users with a warning.
>
> Note that Apache 1.3 has most recently (2002-10-10) been patched to
> interoperate with Apple's DAV client in MacOS 10.x
>
> The issue was that the "Authorization" line contained a mix of quoted
> and
> non quoted tokens; and apache used to barf on a non quoated uri value
> which non alphanum chars. This is now fixed. Apache 2.0 was fine all
> along.

All of the tokens in our Authorization header are quoted in the Mac OS
X 10.1.3 and later WebDAV file system clients. That bug was only in the
10.1.1 client.

Since all of the Mac OS X 10.1.x updates were free to 10.1 customers,
most users that haven't moved to 10.2 should be running 10.1.5.

- Jim