From: Julian Reschke [mailto:julian.reschke@gmx.de]
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 2:45 PM
To: WebDAV
Subject: PROPFIND vs REPORT vs depth infinity

Hi,

re: RFC2518 issue: PROPFIND_INFINITY.

So the plan is that servers MAY reject PROPFIND with depth infinity, and the
currently suggested return value is 403 (forbidden).

Now what applies to PROPFIND should apply to REPORT as well, right?

The ACL draft defines only reports with depth == 0, and requires 400 (bad
request) otherwise.

RFC3253 is silent about that issue, suggesting that servers may not reject
the request.

It would be nice if we could make this consistent before it's too late...