Re: Issue: SOURCE_PROPERTY_UNDERSPECIFIED

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 12:15:24AM +0200, Julian Reschke wrote:
> I'm happy to have a different format (I've got enough flak promoting
> XLink-compatible syntax :-). My requirements are
>
> - must support multiple links
> - there must be a machine-readable description for the link type
> - the should be a human-readable description for the link type
>
> Please post what you're using right now -- we'll probably able to extend if
> necessary.

I just dropped the xlink: from the href attribute, and got rid of the
xlink:role attribute entirely, giving e.g.:

<D:prop>
 <D:source-set>
  <D:source href="http://example.com/dav/source.xml">Source</D:source>
  <D:source href="http://example.com/dav/render.xsl">Stylesheet</D:source>
  <D:source href="http://example.com/dav/etc.etc"/>
 </D:source-set>
</D:prop>

which should satisfy your first and third requirements; I'm not sure
about "machine-readable" link descriptions being mandatory. My client
doesn't need to understand anything about the link, I just want it to be
able to display a menu of "URI: description" choices when there is >1
source available, so that the user can decide.

(Similarly, the minimum amount of server configuration I'd like to
require is saying e.g. "/dav/render.xsl is a source of /dav/*.xml")

Regards,

joe