From: Daniel BODEA [mailto:dali@dali-designs.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2001 9:46 AM
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Subject: [Moderator Action] The prospective future of WebDAV

Good evening from Paris,

I am working on the draft of an article that will handle the future
interoperation of systems and protocols on the Internet. Concerning DAV, my
specific question is... Windows and the Office Pack are already integrating
Web Folders and WebDAV as a network based file handling system, so growing
it to a fully functional File System is the next natural step. Are there
trends or is there any incipient project sketch for the integration of DAV
as a *nix transparent file system like NFS or SMB? Should this be done, the
maturity of the DAV protocol and its spreading among the user community
could be greatly augmented.

Comment or criticise, but please make a CC to dali@dali-designs.com

Thank you,
Daniel Bodea