RE: trouble connecting to IIS5 from OS X PB

Perhaps this is an OSX-ism which will be fixed when it is released this
month..??

-----Original Message-----
From: John Stracke [mailto:francis@ecal.com]
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 6:12 AM
To: Benn, Paul
Cc: 'w3c-dist-auth@w3.org'
Subject: Re: trouble connecting to IIS5 from OS X PB

But in 2616/4.4 (which discusses how to determine the length of the body),
the
only way I see to infer that no body is present is to know that the message
MUST NOT have a body (e.g., if it's a GET request or a HEAD response), or
else
to see that the server closed the connection after the message (does not
work
for requests).  So I think IIS5 is probably within its rights to require
forgiving, and assume that no Content-Length: and no Transfer-Encoding:
implies
no body.