RE: UNLOCK from the middle of a locked tree

I didn't read the spec exactly this way. I considered depth locks a
convenience for setting many locks on the same resource using the same lock
token in a single request. Depth in all other methods applies to the target
resource and recursively all its children. It never applies to a parent of
the target.

DAV4J gives an error if you attempt to unlock a depth locked resource from
any resource but the one that was originally locked. It does this by
checking to see if the immediate parent of the target resource is locked
with the same lock token.
|------------------------+------------------------>
|                        |   Kevin Wiggen         |
|                        |   <wiggs@wiggenout.com>|
|                        |   Sent by:             |
|                        |   w3c-dist-auth-request|
|                        |   @w3.org              |
|                        |                        |
|                        |   03/10/2000 04:17 PM  |
|                        |                        |
|------------------------+------------------------>
  >------------------------|
  |                        |
  |           To:          |
  |   "Slein, Judith A"    |
  |   <JSlein@crt.xerox.com|
  |   >,                   |
  |   w3c-dist-auth@w3.org |
  |           cc:          |
  |   "Hall, Shaun"        |
  |   <Shaun.Hall@GBR.XEROX|
  |   .COM>                |
  |           Subject:     |
  |   RE: UNLOCK from the  |
  |   middle of a locked   |
  |   tree                 |

I think the spec is trying to state A.  In fact that is what Xythos does
(well we don't need to traverse hierarchies, but that's an implementation
point).

From anywhere in a depth lock, if you send a correct lock token with a
unlock request, the lock is removed, thus unlocking the entire tree.

Kevin