RE: WebDAV Bindings - Issue Yaron.MrIntegrity

A binding is a relation between a segment S in a collection C and a resource
R, represented C:(S->R).  We are saying that when a server agrees to create
a binding, it MUST guarantee that the binding will continue to exist until
one of the following happens:

DELETE with a Request-URI whose final segment is S and the rest of the URI
identifies collection C
MOVE with a Request-URI whose final segment is S and the rest of the URI
identifies collection C
BIND with a Destination whose final segment is S and the rest of the URI
identifies collection C, and Overwrite is T
DELETE the last binding to collection C

It is not acceptable for a binding to be destroyed as a side effect of any
other operation.

That's it for currently defined methods, I think.  But I also think that we
do have to rely on a more conceptual definition, however inexact, to convey
the implications for other methods that might be defined in the future.

So here's a shot at the conceptual definition:

If a server allows binding C:(S->R) to be created, it MUST guarantee that
the resource R will continue to be accessible through the URI mappings
induced by that binding until it receives an explicit request to destroy the
binding.  Such a request would have to ask explicitly that some element of
the relation C:(S->R) be removed, or that the relationship itself be
removed.  It would have to explicitly request that the last binding to C be
removed, that the last binding to R be removed, or that the binding C:(S->R)
be removed from C.

--Judy