Re: Ordered Collections and PROPFIND Responses

I agree with Geoff.

"Geoffrey Clemm" <geoffrey.clemm@Rational.Com> on 12/01/99 10:33:12 AM

To:   w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
cc:

Subject:  Re: Ordered Collections and PROPFIND Responses

I am also in the "only return what the client requests" camp as well.
All of the arguments in favor of returning some particular bit of
information take the form "this is really important information,
and it's not that long".  The essential flaw in this argument is that
*every* piece of data is important to some client, or we wouldn't
have spent the effort on standardizing on it.

There have been several proposals to provide
"named batches" of information, so that a client can say things like:
"I'm interested in all the DAV:display information".  That would be fine
with me.