Re: MKCOL entity request body

   From: Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>

   jamsden@us.ibm.com wrote:
   > suggest we add a BATCH command to HTTP/WebDAV

   I believe this won't buy you anything over HTTP/1.1 connection
   pipelining. You'll still transfer just as much information, and you'll
   still use a single TCP connection.

   About the only thing that this could do would provide for the potential
   for atomicity. IMO, that isn't enough of a win to compare to this
   additional complexity.

At various times, I've heard the reason given for having an additional
header or an additional method that just does the work of a couple of
simpler methods as "it avoids a round trip to the server, and my users
care deeply about avoiding round trips".

If I can just invoke "HTTP-1.1 pipelining", and make those suggestions
go away, then I'm happy.  If it doesn't make the suggestions go away,
but the BATCH method does, then I'm in favor of BATCH.