RE: MS support of WebDAV (was: RE: WEBDAV servers)

If type an HTTP URL into the "Web Folders" feature, it will send an OPTIONS
request to the server to see if the server supports DAV, and if it sees the
appropriate response, will send PROPFIND, etc. The Office 2000b1 version
uses the OLD namespace syntax- Future versions will only support the new
(current W3C spec) namespace syntax.

Alex

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/1998/Oct98/WebDAVPR.htm

This was picked up in the press:

http://www.infoworld.com/cgi-bin/displayStory.pl?98107.wiowebdav.htm

Some salient quotes from the press release:

"Microsoft plans to incorporate support for WebDAV into the Microsoft
Windows NT 5.0 Server operating system and Office 2000."

"Microsoft shipped support for the WebDAV specification with the beta 1
version of Office 2000 and the beta 2 version of Windows NT 5.0 Server..."

- Jim