RE: Namespace consistency

My reading of the DAV spec is that both Jim's statement (the parents of a
DAV resource do not have to be a DAV resource) and Larry's language (the
child of a DAV resource doesn't have to be a DAV resource) are BOTH correct
and BOTH supported by the spec. The language in the spec is phrased as "If a
resource is DAV compliant THEN ....."

In the particular case Larry lists my understanding of the spec is that if
http://a/b/c IS DAV compliant then http://a/b/c/d.cgi WOULD be listed as a
member of http://a/b/c EVEN THOUGH it isn't itself DAV compliant. The
requirement for listing is only on http://a/b/c because it is DAV compliant
but this puts no onus on http://a/b/c/d.cgi to be DAV compliant.