Re: reviving the file URI scheme

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 14:17:15 -0500
To: Mike Brown <mike@skew.org>
Cc: Matthew Kerwin <matthew@kerwin.net.au>, uri@w3.org
Mike Brown scripsit:

> Unless you're writing a math tutorial, you should avoid repeatedly
> telling the reader to "note" things, or that things should be noted,
> or any other explicit ways of highlighting content or directing the
> reader's attention.

I disagree entirely.  The notion that readers always read with full attention
is not justified, and so calling their attention to particularly important
points is very appropriate.

--
As you read this, I don't want you to feel      John Cowan
sorry for me, because, I believe everyone       cowan@ccil.org