Re: reviving the file URI scheme

On Friday, December 13, 2013 at 12:43 AM, John Cowan wrote:

> It's in his bibliography. But like most (all?) WHATWG products, it is a
> reference implementation, not a standard.

I think you might be confused: a browser is a reference implementation (in that you can reference it as attempting to implement a standard); a standard is a technical specification that has multiple implementations and is overseen by a standardization authority (in this case, the WHATWG).

--
Marcos Caceres