Re: [whatwg] New URL Standard from Anne van Kesteren on 2012-09-24 (public-whatwg-archive@w3.org from September 2012)

From: Jan Algermissen <jan.algermissen@nordsc.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 13:04:25 +0200
Cc: Jan Algermissen <jan.algermissen@nordsc.com>, Ted Hardie <ted.ietf@gmail.com>, URI <uri@w3.org>, IETF Discussion <ietf@ietf.org>
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>

On Oct 24, 2012, at 1:47 AM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Oct 2012, Jan Algermissen wrote:
>>
>> What matters is that nothing of the existing URI spec *changes*.
>>
>> Can you agree on that?
>
> Do you mean the actual text, or the normative meaning of the text?

I ideally mean the actual text, but it might be that there is some overlap in the construction algorithms - I am not expert enough there to judge that.

The point really was to make it very clear that *additional* stuff is going to be said and that existing implementations that follow the URI spec strictly remain conforming.

Jan