Re: [whatwg] New URL Standard from Anne van Kesteren on 2012-09-24 (public-whatwg-archive@w3.org from September 2012)

From: Jan Algermissen <jan.algermissen@nordsc.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 23:51:12 +0200
Cc: Ted Hardie <ted.ietf@gmail.com>, URI <uri@w3.org>, IETF Discussion <ietf@ietf.org>
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>

On Oct 23, 2012, at 11:34 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

>  Let's in fact try: Hi guys, we need to fix STD 66
> because it doesn't define error handling.

Help me, I am just not getting it:

Why do you insist on 'fixing STD 66'?

What is the reason you are not willing to reframe the problem to 'fixing how we get from the provided string -the input to the reference construction process- to a STD-66-valid result'?

To me this is really what you are aiming at and dropping the 'fix the URI spec' language would get everyone on board immediately in my perception.

Jan