Re: "Web Addresses in HTML 5", URIs, URLs, IRIs

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:30:21 -0700
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
CC: uri@w3.org, apps-discuss@ietf.org
Mark Nottingham wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> What's the intended venue and status for this work (if known)?

Not known. I suppose the purpose of my message is to research
the optimal venue and status.

It was published Feb 2009 in the W3C Recommendation track
as part of HTML 5
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-html5-20090212/infrastructure.html#urls

but it's not at all clear that people with expertise in URIs
are likely to discover it under the title "HTML 5".

So I'm here at the IETF (in person and on apps-discuss) trying
figure out who is interested to participate and what venue(s)
would work well/best.