Re: "Web Addresses in HTML 5", URIs, URLs, IRIs

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 17:57:31 +0100
To: "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>, uri@w3.org, apps-discuss@ietf.org
On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 17:13:00 +0100, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
> This was, until recently, part of the HTML 5 spec. It's
> been suggested that it applies beyond HTML 5, e.g. XMLHTTPRequest,
> and perhaps Jabber etc.

I think this can address the longstanding issue for url() in CSS as well.
I have a feeling the algorithm is also used for HTTP (though with a more
limited input of course) as browsers handle spaces and other incorrect
characters "fine" in e.g. the Location header.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/