mailto-xxx + news-nntp URIs (was: Some editorial comments about RFC 5234)

From: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:32:25 +0100
To: uri@w3.org

Nicolas Krebs wrote:

> I did not noticed the change in -09.

Meanwhile mailto-bis was also updated, -05 references 5234,
and Martin proposed on the EAI list to tackle mailto-eai
and mailto-bis simultaneously.  That could be a good idea,
some text in mailto-bis-05 better fits into mailto-eai-NN.

> Have you read
[Last Call]
Yes, the tracker sends an info to the author when the state
changes.  After that I updated the draft for RFC 5234 etc.
(see change history), read an unread mail from 2007-11-20,
incorporated three pending feedbacks, and posted a separate
article here explaining why a message-id without "@" might
be a nice feature for NNTP, but won't work for news-URLs.

Apart from not flying with the RFC 822, 977, 1036, 1738,
2822, s-o-1036, RFC.usefor-usefor, I-D.gilman (etc.) idea
of a Message-ID syntax, in essence unique@domain with "@".

For mailto-bis-05 I'm not sure where it will be discussed,
I hope together with mailto-eai on the EAI list.  If not
here are links to two relevant EAI mailto threads on Gmane:
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.ima/2398>
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.announce/23596>

 Frank