uris and resources

From: Erik Wilde <dret@berkeley.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:52:45 -0800
To: "uri@w3.org" <uri@w3.org>

hello.

since we had quite a bit of discussions in that area in the last weeks,
i just wanted to point to an interesting blog post by one of the authors
of http, thinking about the latest incarnation of httprange-14:

http://roy.gbiv.com/untangled/2008/resource-resource-wherefore-art-thou-resource

my personal feeling about this discussion is that some semantic web
visions will get into some uncomfortable closeness with reality pretty
soon, but we'll see.

i would like to point out that the httprange-14 discussions we had on
this list (about the 303 redirection consensus and how it is supposed to
work in detail) ended without a real statement what all of that actually
means on the web level. i think the reason simply is because there is no
answer to that, and i am curious to see where the HttpRedirections-57
discussion is going, hopefully not by only looking at the semantic web,
and at the web in general.

W3C TAG page: http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/57

kind regards,

dret.