Re: uriparser 0.5.2 released (and sharing URI test materials)

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 08:38:19 -0500
To: Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@hartwork.org>
Cc: uriparser-devel@lists.sourceforge.net, uri@w3.org

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 01:18 +0200, Sebastian Pipping wrote:
> Besides fixing two bugs this release mainly introduces
> reference creation and filename to/from URI conversion.
> Please update your copy of uriparser.

Interesting... this project is somewhat new to me.

I'm curious about motivations behind it.
I read GOALS.txt, but it seems to be more about
coding conventions than motivations.

Also... I see test materials adapted from 4suite...
http://cvs.4suite.org/viewcvs/4Suite/test/Lib/test_uri.py?rev=1.34&view=markup

It seems a shame that each test is manually migrated from
python to C. It would be nice if we could share test data...
in N3 or JSON or XML format or something and just write
code in each language to parse the test data.

Ah... your project is already linked from the UriTesting wiki topic.
  http://esw.w3.org/topic/UriTesting
Looks like Mike Brown added it.