Re: Updated URI Template proposal

The main use case is to allow standardization and disambiguation of
varnames.  You can look at OpenSearch for an example of this in the real
world.  Local names are indeed more readable, but they can be ambiguous.

For instance, suppose we want to standardize an approach for searching
in feeds.  As part of that, we want to define querystring params with
defined semantics: q, start and count.  I want to be able to indicate,
unambiguously, that the query params I want the user to pass in are the
"q", "start" and "count" params as defined by the standard.

What needs to be decided now is whether or not this is a problem we need
to solve.  If not, local names are perfectly fine.

- James